Friday, July 13, 2012

Wanting the World to Know

Five years ago when I first learned about my grandfather's heroic statements to the national news crew I felt like something was happening that was bigger than me.  I felt as though I was being handed a precious gift and also, that I was being tasked with the responsibility of sharing that gift with the world.

So much has transpired during those years.  I type these words with tears of joy and a heart that is filled to the brim with excitement.  People are hearing his story.  Once again, Booker Wright's name and his words are making their way across the nation.  His tender, yet triumphant story of humiliation mixed with hope is a beautiful song that, if we listen, can inform and influence the way in which we interact with one another and lead our daily lives.

With tears of joy and hands held high I proclaim "GO BOOKER WRIGHT!"

I've recorded lots of thoughts and memories throughout the course of the journey.  I've put them together in a collection called Searching for Booker Wright, which can be picked up on Amazon for just $2.99.  Like me on Facebook and get a free, 36 page preview of this book.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment